Chicks Talk Football

Our boobs don't keep us from throwing tight spirals.

Send email to chickstalkfootball AT gmail DOT com

Monday, October 10, 2005

Speak of the Very Devil

Image hosted by Photobucket.comBeth: It comes down to Vinatieri again? Against a Vickless Atlanta team?

Sam: FOWARD DOWN THE FIELD
A CHARGING TEAM THAT WILL NOT YIELD
WHEN THE BLUE AND SILVER WAVE
STAND AND CHEER THE BRAVE!
RAH! RAH! RAH!
GO HARD WIN THE GAME
WITH HONOR YOU WILL KEEP YOUR FAME
DOWN THE FIELD AND GAIN
A LIONS VICTORY!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIONS!

Ha ha I've never seen a team shoot themselves in the foot worse than the Ravens did today. Two guys ejected, and I don't even know how many yards on penalties. They played dirtier than the Raiders at their heyday.

Beth: Then you obviously weren't watching the Patriots. *glowers*

Kristen: My favorite thing about the Ravens/Lions game highlights was all the various Ravens players standing around and watching Kevin Jones run down the field. Whistle, wha?

Also, isn't Mer at this Philly/Dallas game? If so, I'd be on the lookout for mushroom clouds from Texas.

Beer, Mer. Lots and lots of beer.

Sam: Beth, I don't care what the Patriots did, it can't have been anything like tying for second place in the all-time NFL record for most yardson penalties in a game.

Beth: I was not aware there was a record, Sam, and of course I was being facetious anyway. But the Pats really did make what should've been a blowout all too interesting, and I'm frustrated with them.

*switches to FOX in anticipation of Yankees game*

Ooh, no wonder we haven't heard from Mer.

Mer: (speak of the very Devil) I have perhaps never had so little fun on a Sunday afternoon. The game was over by the time we finished fighting the atrocious Dallas traffic and made it to our tiny seats in the pit that is Texas Stadium.

Too many things to say, most of which I need to save for a blog entry. But I will say this: for as much shit as Cowboys fans like to talk about how "terrible" Eagles fans are, they really are no different. They cheer injuries to opposing players, they taunt fans, and they swear in front of children. Hypocricy is fun to witness. (Speaking of hypocricy, my favorite was when a bunch of fans left with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. All the Cowboys fans stood to jeer the Birds fans who were leaving. One minute later, most of those Cowboys fans who had just been talking smack got up and left too. That was my favorite part of the day, not including the Sheldon Brown fumble recovery returned for a TD.)

Also, a little boy of no more than 10 was sitting in front of me wearing a Cowboys jersey and Yankee hat. He is destined for a long life of douchbaginess. That kid is everything that is wrong with frontrunning sports fans.

I'd also like to point out that since 2001, the Birds are 1-4 in games played the week before their bye. Normally that might be a pointless stat, but given how good their record has been in those years, one has to think that there might be something to. Either way, I'm not pleased.

Beth: I heard that week before the bye stat. Do you know why that might be? Just a coincidence? How do other teams in the league stack up with that stat? Does anyone even care, though? Seems like the kind of thing sportscasters drag out of their butts in garbage time. You're right about their record being good anyway...but I'm sure even if they were in the toilet, you'd want to beat the Cowboys, and it still sucks.

Mer: The only reason that stat concerns me is because the the losses have all been the same type: the kind where the Eagles never really show up. It suggest a lack of mental perparation as the team looks ahead to the bye week. I know that this year is different - McNabb clearly looked uncomfortable and hurt out there. But still, something about this team's mental preparation worries me. Another example: Last week they were extremely timid in the first half, allowing KC to build a nice lead. By all accounts, the Eagles were confident during halftime that they would win the game...they say they didn't go over X's and O's but instead they just talked about how mentally they weren't in it and that in the second half, they would be. I knew immediately after last week's game that today's game was going to be a disaster. How many times can you only show up for half of a game and still win before it bites you in the ass?

Sam: Apropos of nothing, I've got to admit, Chad Johnson's touchdown anticsare growing on me. Today he gave the ball CPR in the endzone. It's funny if he's not doing it against your team, although I am also dead certain they're in direct violation of the league's "you're not supposed to think about it beforehand, celebrations are only OK if they're not planned" stance.

Kristen: This is a simple question that I missed sometime last week but what, exactly, was everyone's problem with Brady's interview following the San Diego game? I just watched it and I don't understand the issue.

Beth: I don't get it either. I've read it, I've listened to it, and I've watched the video, and I don't understand. I think they so badly WANT him to lose his cool at this point they're seizing on whatever they can get.

Meanwhile: This just in.

Kristen: Obviously, I don't wish the man health trouble, but I have to wonder, how the hell has he been coach of that team for so long?




powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com